Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Image { Recipe Girl }

While I am looking forward to Halloween, I am resisting all other things fall, specifically the cool weather. I just don't want to admit that summer is over and another long winter will soon be upon us. When I saw these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on Recipe Girl it helped to ease my negative fall attitude. I am always looking for quick yummy breakfast and snack ideas and I think these would be a hit with my kiddos too!

Pumpkin- Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins

Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Delicious combination of pumpkin and chocolate in a morning muffin...

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups pure canned pumpkin
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 18 muffin tin cups with nonstick spray.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (through pie spice).

3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in dry ingredients and mix only until combined (do not over mix). Gently fold in chocolate chips.

4. Scoop into muffin pans and bake 18 to 20 minutes. Turn onto rack and cool.

Tips:
*Use an ice cream scoop with a spring handle to scoop the batter into the muffin tins- it's so easy and no mess.

Source: RecipeGirl.com

6 comments:

  1. Dude... I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.
    website- Wrap around bed skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thank you for keeping to a high standard of a quality post every day.
    Website:- flat sheet only

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the cupcakes very much, one day it was eating in the bed and it fell on my bed since then I had eaten it.

    visit our website - navy blue bed skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it is too stunning that is one wonderful post. I just love it!
    Visit our website- fitted sheet only

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails