Thursday, September 9, 2010

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

My two favorite things about fall are Halloween and Caramel apples. And, as I've said before I love cupcakes, so you can imagine how excited I was when I found this recipe for Caramel Apple Cupcakes in my Taste of Home magazine. A batch of these will surely help with the separation anxiety I'm experiencing with summer gone!!

Image { Cupcake Blog }




Ingredients
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix or 1 package (18 ounces) carrot cake mix
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
20 caramels
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
12 Popsicle sticks

Directions
Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake. Yield: 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails