Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Relay for Life Gift Basket

This Saturday I am participating in my 4th American Cancer Society Relay for Life. Relay for life is a 24 hour long fundraiser where teams of people camp out at schools, fairgrounds, and parks across the country, taking turns walking around the track or path. It offers people a chance to celebrate the people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. I relay to celebrate and support my Aunt Tammy who was diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma 5 years ago and continues fighting it to this day, to honor my sister in law Jill who is a cancer survivor, and to support my friend and former co - worker Rachelle who is a breast cancer survivor.

Each year I make a gift basket to be raffled off by our team. Last year I did a summer entertaining basket that included 2 tickets to the water slides.




This year I put together a Reno Aces basket complete with tickets to see the Aces in action. I found the perfect metal tub at Wal Mart. I was thrilled that the colors matched perfectly, but I really wanted it to have the Aces logo on it. After a little thought I came up with the idea to paint a white square on it and attach a clear Aces decal sticker to the square. Perfect! On the $1 aisle at Michael's I found red cow bell's which I thought would make great noise makers at the game. I added some ribbon to the top of them and painted baseball's on the front. I was very happy with how it turned out! { my apologies for the pitiful grainy pics }





















You can find out more about Relay for Life or to find events in your area click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails